WHERE TO GET HELP IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE ARE FEELING DISTRESSED
Our Frontline: Mental health and wellbeing support for all frontline staff
Our Frontline is a new service formed by Samaritans, Mind, Shout and Hospice UK, supported by The Royal Foundation, providing round the clock support to all of those going to work as part of the national response to the Coronavirus. You can find out more about the support on offer on the Our Frontline website
Whatever you’re going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. They’re here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. FREE phone 116 123, (the number does not show on the bill), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to www.samaritans.org
Greater Manchester Bereavement Service
- Support is available to anyone within Greater Manchester, bereaved or affected by a death. No one needs to feel alone as they deal with their grief. On their website you can find out about support in your area and nationally, as well as advice for practical issues that losing a loved one may bring
Papyrus – for people under 35 years
- Call 0800 068 41 41 Monday to Friday 9am to 10pm, weekends 2pm to 10pm on bank holidays
- Text 07860 039967
- Email email@example.com
Greater Manchester Shining a Light on Suicide website
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men
- Call 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm to midnight every day
- The Calm Zone
Childline – for children and young people under 19 years
- Call 0800 1111 (the number will not show up on your phone bill)
- A national mental health database on an app that provides information about local support available in any area.
- Their new telephone befriending programme Rainbow Brew Buddies aims to reduce loneliness for LGBT people across Greater Manchester who may have reduced opportunities to make social connections due to the recent coronavirus outbreak or other circumstances in their life.
Silverline – for older people
- The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Need help? Call anytime on: 0800 4 70 80 90