Resources – Secondary schools
Back to school resource pack
- This pack has been developed to support secondary schools in the run up to, and during the Autumn term.
- All resources have been quality checked by an Expert Reference Group (GM Resilience Hub)
- Please don’t download and share via email as we will be regularly updating the packs as new information and advice becomes available
- This pack is an interactive PowerPoint deck – embedded files won’t open if you’re viewing it as a slide show
- Updated 25.02.2021. Public Health England: Psychological First Aid training for those supporting children and young people affected by COVID-19.
- Updated 05.01.2021. Young people and responsible drinking
- Updated 24.11.2020. NHS approved Every Mind Matters Building connections resource for Year 6, KS3 and KS4
- Updated 23.11.2020. Anna Freud: 5 Steps to Mental Health and Wellbeing framework
- Updated 16.10.2020. Public Health England. Transition to secondary school resource for Year 7 pupils who may still be finding it hard to adapt to a new school environment.
- Updated 21.09.2020. Greater Manchester Resilience Hub – A Guide to Managing Anxiety in Uncertain and Challenging Times, Public Health England Back to school resources, Every Mind Matters Looking after your mental health, Mental wellbeing PowerPoints for upper KS2, KS3 and KS4 students
- Updated 04.09.2020. Early Intervention Foundation. Supporting children’s wellbeing & social skills as they return to the classroom; Papyrus. Supporting your child: A guide for parents. Self-harm and Suicide; TELL study – Teenagers’ experiences of life in lockdown; Greater Manchester Resilience Hub – advice for coping with traumatic incidents
- Updated 26.08.2020. Public Health England. Returning to secondary school: what parents need to know
- Updated 21.08.2020. Life on hold: children’s well-being and Covid-19 – report from the Children’s Society looks in depth at the impact of coronavirus (Covid-19) and the associated lockdown on young lives; Staying alert and safe – social distancing guidance for young people. Government guidance for young people about social distancing and what they can do to stay alert and safe during this time.
- Updated 13.08.2020: Prioritising emotional and mental wellbeing of the whole school community after COVID-19. An emotional wellbeing programme for staff and students in Secondary Schools
- Updated 12.08.2020. Winston’s Wish. Helping a bereaved child or young person to return to school; Guidance for Educational Settings on Supporting The Transition Back to School. Salford and Tameside Educational Psychology Service (EPS)
- Updated 22.07.2020. Altius Teaching School. Staff wellbeing session and lessons snippets for wellbeing