Resources for Primary schools
Back to school resource pack
- This pack has been developed to support primary schools in the run up to, and during the Autumn term.
- All resources have been quality checked by an Expert Reference Group (GM Resilience Hub)
- Please don’t download and share via email as we will be regularly updating the packs as new information and advice becomes available
- This pack is an interactive PowerPoint deck – embedded files won’t open if you’re viewing it as a slide show
- Updated 25.11.2020. NHS approved Every Mind Matters Building connections resource for Year 6, KS3 and KS4 aim to encourage young people to discuss loneliness and provide them with self-care techniques they can use when they’re feeling lonely.
Updated 23.11.2020. Anna Freud: 5 Steps to Mental Health and Wellbeing framework
- Updated 16.10.2020. Public Health England. What to do about worry – Year 6 lesson plan
- Updated 21.09.2020. Greater Manchester Resilience Hub; Public Health England Back to school resources; Every Mind Matters Looking after your mental health; Mental wellbeing PowerPoints for upper KS2, KS3 and KS4 students
- Updated 04.09.2020. Early Intervention Foundation. Supporting children’s wellbeing & social skills as they return to the classroom; Papyrus. Supporting your child: A guide for parents. Self-harm and Suicide; Greater Manchester Resilience Hub – advice for coping with traumatic incidents; BBC Bitesize. Dealing with anxieties about COVID-19
- Updated 26.08.2020.Public Health England. Returning to secondary school: what parents need to know
- Updated 21.08.2020. Life on hold: children’s well-being and Covid-19 – report from the Children’s Society looks in depth at the impact of coronavirus (Covid-19) and the associated lockdown on young lives; Staying alert and safe – social distancing guidance for young people. Government guidance for young people about social distancing and what they can do to stay alert and safe during this time.
- Updated 12.08.2020: Winston’s Wish. Helping a bereaved child or young person to return to school; Guidance for Educational Settings on Supporting The Transition Back to School. Salford and Tameside Educational Psychology Service (EPS)
- Updated 22.07.2020: National Children’s Bureau. Preparing for recovery Toolkit; Altius Teaching School. Staff wellbeing session and lessons snippets for wellbeing