Resources – Learning disability, ADHD and autism
- Easy Read guide to Coronavirus
- Handwashing rap, produced to help people who have a learning disability
- Getting NHS help when you need it during the coronavirus outbreak
Contact are a charity for families with disabled children
Practical AAC communication resources
A variety of learning resource tips for those with communication needs, and resources for explaining coronavirus to those with severe communication needs
Learning Disability England
Scottish Commission for Learning Disability
- A series of guided self-help booklets developed to support people with mild to moderate learning/intellectual disabilities during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Podcast – Autism, a parent’s guide
- Podcast – for parents and carers about supporting children and young people with autism during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Council for Disabled Children
- Guidance and advice on coronavirus – What does this mean for me and my family – Learning Disability and Autism focus (download)
National Autistic Society
- Learning about keeping healthy
- Guidance and helpline for parents, young people and staff
- Information about coronavirus
- Tips for autistic people and families
- How we can all help each other
- How the National Autistic Society can help
- Resources for autistic people and families
- The ‘I am autistic’ card is now downloadable for free and the Health Passport (previously Hospital Passport) has been updated to reflect issues around coronavirus and is now editable and printable
- Video resource on Supporting neurodiverse children in challenging times such as during self-isolation (YouTube Link). Paediatrician Dr Max Davie, shares tips in this short film to help people with ADHD stay well (YouTube Link)
- Books Beyond Words- a free wordless book about beating the virus.
- National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS)- information for parents, carers, families and professionals to support deaf children and young people during the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Together for Short Lives- Frequently asked questions about Coronavirus for parents and carers of children and young people with complex health needs. Read here.
- Contact. Important information about Covid-19 coronavirus for families with disabled children
- Council for disabled children. Resources and guidance about coronavirus to share with parent carers, children & young people and education, health and social care practitioners