Greater Manchester health and care providers and the voluntary sector are stepping up support for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism during the COVID-19 crisis.
Mental health services across Greater Manchester have considered the digital options available to continue to deliver care. We now have an expanded range of digital support offers across Greater Manchester including:
- Shout crisis service – a 24/7 text service with trained crisis volunteers who will chat using trained techniques via text responses
- Kooth – an on-line counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people
- Living Life to the Full provides free online courses covering low mood, stress and resiliency. Work out why you feel as you do, how to tackle problems, build confidence, get going again, feel happier, stay calm, tackle upsetting thinking and more
- SilverCloud – an online therapy programme for adults proven to help with stress, anxiety, low-mood and depression.
We will continue to update this page as new resources come on line.
- Apps to help support your mental health. These apps can help you support your mental health and wellbeing. All the apps listed can be found on the NHS Apps Library, an online directory of trusted health and wellbeing apps that have been assessed to be clinically safe and secure to use. The apps listed have also been reviewed by health app evaluation and advisor organisation ORCHA.
You may find our Connecting digitally resource page helpful