Resources for adults
We know things may be difficult at the moment. If you find yourself feeling anxious, stressed or overwhelmed there’s support out there for you. You can visit our Support in Your Area pages and find out how to contact your local helpline here
Coping during the pandemic
- Recovery College online – free course has been developed for everyone in response to the recent global pandemic. There is information about how to avoid catching/spreading the virus, what immediate feelings you may have and common reactions, managing your mental health at this time, managing isolation and social distancing, self-care, supporting children and young people and some accessible information.
Mental health and wellbeing
- Download our leaflet that provides advice on Wellbeing and mental health during COVID-19. A guide to looking after yourself and others
- Every Mind Matters provides simple tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health. If you are still struggling after several weeks and it is affecting your daily life, please contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
- The Every Mind Matters sleep page provides practical advice on how to improve your sleep.
- Mind. Advice about maintaining wellbeing during social distancing/self-isolation
- If you have an existing mental health problem you can access comprehensive guidance provided by Mind.
- Mental Health Foundation. Information about how to overcome fear and anxiety
- Rethink Mental Illness have set up this online hub to provide practical support and information that is useful for people living with, or supporting people with mental illness
- Visit the NHS mental health and wellbeing advice website for self-assessment, audio guides and practical tools, if you are experiencing stress, feelings of anxiety or low mood.
- Public Health England. You can access free easy ten minute work outs from Public Health England or try other exercise videos at home on the NHS Fitness Studio
- Sport England. Tips for keeping active at home.